How do I start?
Contact us! We want to meet you and find out all about you, so invest some time and think about the following:
- Which areas would you consider buying in?
- Are there other areas you would consider but don’t know well?
- What kind of property are you looking for?
- What are the “must haves” and “don’t wants”?
- How much are you prepared to spend to get what you want?
- When do you want to have moved by?
- Do you need to sell and if so, is your property on the market yet?
- Do you know how much you can borrow and if so are your finances organised?
I want to see some property
Once your agent has a good idea of your needs, it’s time to get out there and see a good range of properties so that you can get a grip on what your money will buy in your chosen area.
The sooner you become confident about the property prices, the sooner you will be in a position to buy with conviction.
See as much as you can, however if you find the perfect property early on in your search, don’t delay – if you like it, the probability is that someone else will too!
Give detailed honest feedback to your agent, what you liked and what you disliked. It will help to guide them in assisting you and will also help their clients.
I have found it
When you have viewed a suitable property, consult your estate agent about how to proceed. An offer is about more than just money; you will be asked to provide details of:
- Your buying position
- What size deposit you have
- Have you spoken to a financial advisor or have an agreement in principal
- Proposed time frames
- Any inclusions (e.g. curtains, carpets, etc)
The seller will expect us to obtain all of this information as it will aid them in their decision making.
All offers you make will be confirmed in writing to both yourself and the seller, so both parties can clearly see that everything has been understood and not been misinterpreted.