At Greenaway Residential Letting Agents, we understand that Landlords may all have different needs depending on their circumstances, location and experience. We offer three different services, tenant find only, rent collection and fully managed.
All services start at the same point. Firstly, we will carry out a market appraisal of the property to establish a recommended achievable marketing price, find out what your needs are as a Landlord, discuss the different services that we offer and answer any questions you may have.
Should you then wish to proceed, we will then go to the marketing stage which includes:
- Full property details with digital photographs, room measurements, EPC graphs, plus 2D and 3D floor plan representations.
- Arrange where necessary your legal requirements (with your approval) i.e. EPC, GAS Safe, EICR and if required PAT testing.
- The property will be extensively advertised on the internet via all the large property portals as well as on this web site which benefits from Pay Per Click advertising and extensive search engine optimisation (SEO).
- Prospective tenants will be telephoned, text and emailed the property details
- Viewings will be arranged and accompanied by a member of our team
- We will deal with all offers and confirm in writing what has been agreed
- A holding deposit of one week will be taken to secure the property
- All tenants and guarantors will be referenced by a professional referencing company
- Any anomalies will be reported on
- Tenancy agreements produced and signed by all required parties
- Take the first months rent plus the balance of the security deposit
- Complete the standing order mandate
- Arrange independent inventory and cleaning if required
- All tenants will be offered tenants contents insurance
TENANT INTRODUCTION SERVICE
This service is designed for the Landlord who wants to deal with all aspects of the property letting, apart from actually finding suitable tenants. Landlords taking this option usually reside near their property which they would like to be let and are therefore able to respond to their tenant’s maintenance and repair needs personally within a timely manner. However, there are currently 129 Acts of Parliament or statutory regulations which impact partly or wholly on the private rental sector. A Landlord should have a basic understanding of all their legal obligations before choosing this option.
Following the marketing stage and when a tenant has been checked into the property you will be provided with an assured shorthold tenancy agreement, standing order mandate, tenants security deposit and balance of payment. You will also receive confirmation that your tenant has received the right to rent guide and EPC.
Your tenant will be in receipt of an independent inventory (providing you have given consent) which they should return to you within seven days, a right to rent guide and EPC, where applicable a Gas Safe and an EICR certificate.
Our standard fee for this service is 12% (10% plus VAT of the first Assured Shorthold Tenancy (AST).
RENT COLLECTION SERVICE
This service is designed for the Landlord that either lives or has family close to the property and wants to do any maintenance themselves without wanting the financial risk that tenants may provide. It includes all aspects of tenant introduction service but also includes:
- Unless advised otherwise register the deposit with The Deposit Protection Service (DPS)
- Collect the rent paid on a monthly basis.
- Provide the landlord with a monthly statement.
- Pay the balance to a nominated account via internet banking.
- When required submit 7, 14, 21 & 28 day late rent notices.
- Where applicable negotiate rent reviews
- Arrange and complete tenancy renewals
- Attend the check in and check out and report on request
- Notify when needed and arrange (with consent) renewals of EPC, Gas Safe and EICR certificates
Provided we have attended the check in and check out
- Notify utility companies of new tenants and submit meter readings as well as help you with the process checks.
- Submit claims and evidence to DPS at the end of the tenancy if necessary
Our standard Rent Collection Fee is 15% (12.5% + VAT) of the rent receivable under the Tenancy Agreements and any extensions thereto, paid monthly by way of deduction from the monthly rent received. Fees and accrued fees will be deducted from the balance prior to payment being made.
FULLY MANAGED SERVICE
Our fully managed service is for either an inexperienced Landlord or for someone who does not have the time or the inclination to deal with the mundane stress of managing a property. It includes all aspects of the two previous services but also includes:
- Interim inspections and reports
- Arrange maintenance issues to be rectified
- Pay contractors
- Arrange for any maintenance issues if a managed property is empty for a time between tenants.
Our standard Fully Management Fee is 18% (15% + VAT) of the rent receivable under the Tenancy Agreements and any extensions thereto, paid monthly by way of deduction from the monthly rent received.